Belgium Work Visa Process 2023: All foreign applicants interested in working in Belgium in 2023 must obtain a work visa or employment visa for Belgium. If you’re seeking employment chances in Belgium, you should read this article and the information on how to apply for a work visa in Belgium.
A work visa is required in every nation. Likewise, Belgium’s criterion is. You must first apply for a Belgium work visa in order to begin working there. However, you do not require a work visa to work in Belgium if you are a citizen of the EU, Iceland, Switzerland, Norway, or Liechtenstein, among other nations.
Belgium Work Visa Process 2023 Details.
- Country: Belgium
- Type: Work Visa
- Category: Work Visa application process
- Duration: Depending on the work permit
Who is permitted entry into Belgium without a work visa?
Belgium does not require a work permit or visa for citizens of the EU or EEA (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland). You may also enter the nation without a work permission, but you will need to apply for one once you are there. the following nations are permitted entry without first requesting a visa:
- New Zealand
All other counties will provide a work visa permit before entering the country.
Working Holidays Visa.
The citizens of Australia, Canada, and New Zealand to enter Belgium for holidays and travel purposes. Still, you can also work on this permit without applying for further work Permits. The following are the requirements of a Holidays Work Visa;
- You should have enough money on hand for the trip (€2,500)
- You should have a return ticket with you.
- You should have health insurance coverage for 365 days.
- You should have a good conduct certificate issued by your local police.
Types of Belgium Work Visa.
There are different work Permits in Belgium, and you can choose from any of them according to your needs and requirements.
Work Permit A.
This type of work visa is applicable for unlimited time. To apply for the work permit A type Visa, you must have acquired a type B permit for four years within a 10-year stay in Belgium.
Work Permit B.
Your employer issues this type of work permit. The employer is responsible for applying for a work visa on your behalf for a particular period. Belgium or EU nationals are not allowed to file for this work visa.
Work permit C.
This type of work visa is only valid for one year. You can apply for this permit if you want to stay for a short or temporary time.
Requirements or Belgium Work Visa.
You will need the following documents before filing for a Belgium work visa;
- A valid passport
- Work permit – which allows you to apply for a work visa.
- Medical certificate stating your good health.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Evidence of financial needs to show you are capable of staying in Belgium.
- Proof of No criminal record.
How to Apply for Belgium Work Visa?
If you want to apply for a work visa in Belgium, you will need to follow a few steps;
- Look for a job in Belgium.
- After getting an offer, you can apply for a work permit.
- Your employer will send you a work permit application number.
- After receiving a work permit, apply for a work visa.
- Once you receive your work visa, you are ready to travel to Belgium.
The processing time for a Belgium Work Visa is 8-10 weeks. It also depends on the company or your employer.
Cost of Belgium Work Visa.
The cost of a Belgium Work Visa is €180 per head.
In some cases, if your employment is work visa supported, your employer will be responsible for paying the fee for a work visa.
Residence Permit for Work.
You are required to enter or register your arrival at the Foreigner’s Registry. This will allow you to request an ID card and provide your fingerprints. After this process, you will get your residence permit.