Birth injuries law firm can help secure financial compensation and pursue legal justice for families of children with birth injuries. These law firms have lawyers that specialize in birth injury medical malpractice cases across the country.
A birth injury medical malpractice law firm can:
- Determine if a child’s injury was caused by medical negligence
- File a lawsuit against the medical professionals at fault
- Get compensation through legal settlements or trial verdict
When doctors and healthcare professionals make careless and preventable mistakes during the delivery process, children may develop birth injuries. Birth injuries can deeply affect families, both emotionally and financially.
Many families face significant financial strain when trying to pay for their child’s treatment costs.
Further, a study from the Center for Child and Adolescent Health Policy at Massachusetts General Hospital found that 40% of families struggle to pay for costs associated with their disabled child’s condition.
Compensation secured by a birth injury law firm can pay for:
- Assistive devices
- Adaptive transportation equipment
- Lost wages if parent had to quit job to provide full-time care
- Mobility aids
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Special education costs
- Speech therapy
- Other medical expenses
Find if you can work with a birth injury law firm today with a free case review. Even if you don’t have a diagnosis or don’t know for sure if medical malpractice happened during childbirth – we can help.
Why Hire a Birth Injury Law Firm?
Birth injury law firms have the experience and resources needed to build a strong case against medical professionals that may harm your child.
Benefits of working with a birth injury law firm include:
- Less hassle: Birth injury law firms handle all of the work of filing a lawsuit, so you can focus solely on caring for your child.
- National reach: Medical malpractice law firms with national reach understand how laws in each state can affect a case. They can help you file your lawsuit within any state’s statute of limitations which places a time limit on how long you have to file your case.
- Strong attorney-client relationships: A birth injury law firm strives to treat you like family. Your legal team will take time to understand and answer any questions or concerns.
General law firms may not have the expertise needed to win a medical malpractice lawsuit. Even if you do win by working with them, you might not get as much compensation as you would if you worked with a birth injury law firm.
What to Look for in a Birth Injury Law Firm
There are several important characteristics to look for when choosing a birth injury law firm to work with.