Know KiDi well, here is all you need to know about the Ghanaian sensational singer.
The real name of KiDi is Dennis Nana Dwamena, there is no doubt about the fact that he is an amazing Ghanaian highlife and afrobeat singer, songwriter, and record producer. The Ghanaian singer is also the gentleman behind the sugar Daddy name.
KiDi is currently signed to Lynx Entertainment, MadeInENY, and Empire. He has been very active in the music industry since his introduction in the year 2016 to the present. The highlife and afrobeat Artist is also known for songs like “thunder“, “say you love me“, “say cheese“, “touch it” and many others. He has collaborated with acts like Davido, Richie Mensah, MzVee, Kuami Eugene, Mayorkun, and Teddy Riley. He has had several awards nominations and has won some to his name.
|Kidi Background Information|
|Full Name:||Dennis Nana Dwamena|
|Born:||18 August 1993 (age 28)|
|Education:||University of Ghana|
|Awards:||Artist of the Year 2021 (3Music Awards)|
|Booking Contact:||[email protected]|
Dennis Nana Dwamena who is known as KiDi was born on August 18, 1993, in Accra in the Greater Region of Ghana. He was born to Mr. Gerald Thompson, his father, and Mrs. Beatrice Thompson, his mother.
- KiDi attended St’Anthony’s school in Accra for his basic education and went to Accra Academy for his secondary education. He then went on to further his tertiary education in University of Ghana , legon where he obtained a degree in Economics and Information studies. He graduated in the year 2016.
- Dennis Nana Dwamena’s love for music was so intensed that, whilst studying Economics and Information studies in the university of Ghana, legon, he was also performing on various moonlight cafe platforms. “Moonlight cafe” is a production that seeks to support and help underground artists to rise in music and give them a chance to display what they can do.
- He joined the MTN Hitmaker competition in 2015 and won the as the MTN Hitmaker of the year.
- KiDi was then signed to lynx Entertainment where he started is music journey fully. He released “Say you love me” after being signed, then later released a banger titled “ odo” in 2017 which lived rent free in the heads of many music lovers.
- KiDi produced a remix of “odo “ which featured Nigerian famous artist Davido and Mayorkun In December 2017. Kidi has produced hits like Enjoyment, Say Cheese, Touch it, Mon Bebe and Several.
- In 2020, Kidi peaked no. 11 on the World Digital Song Sales chart on Billboad.
Awards and Nominations
- In 2021, He won the Artist of the Year, EP of the Year, Song of the Year at the 3Music Awards.
- He also won Afropop song the Year, EP of the Year, Best Highlife song at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Albums & EPs
- Blue EP-2019
- The Golden boy -2020