A fire experience has been reported at the Church of the Late Prophet TB Joshua, Synagogue Church of All Nations.
On 6th June 2021, we communicated the sudden death of Prophet TB Joshua. Another sad news has happened as the church of this Prophet is being burnt as his funeral commences.
During a candlelight service, which was the commencement of the week-long funeral of the late founder, the fire was reported to take up the church. The event took place at the church premises in Ikotun Egbe, Lagos.
The fire which gutted a storehouse in the church’s premises started around 11 pm and the firefighters arrived at the scene of the fire incident around 12:19 am on Tuesday.
An eyewitness, Uche Peter, said the fire had been quenched before the arrival of the fire service. He added that “an electrical spark at the control room caused the fire. It happened after the candlelight procession.”
The church has confirmed the fire incident in a press statement, saying there was no death or injury.
“In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a storehouse within The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations complex.
“The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
“As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The SCOAN has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on the ground at the time of the incident.
“We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled.”
Watch some photos from the candlelight service